I got to spend the this week with my beautiful Mamaw along with aunts and uncles (both great and regular) and some family friends. Y’all know me – I never pass up an opportunity to whip up something scrumptious. For this “little” get-together I decided to try this S’mores Icebox Cake. Simple yet DE-LI-CIOUS!!! As Mamaw said with every bite she took, “this is a RICH dessert!”
- 2 ¾ Cups Heavy Cream, Divided
- 1 Jar (7oz) Marshmallow Crème
- 1 ½ Cups Mini Marshmallows, Divided
- 1 Bag (12oz) Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Box Graham Crackers
- Chopped Chocolate and Graham Crackers, for Garnish
- Make Marshmallow Cream:
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat 2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Add marshmallow crème and keep beating, 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup mini marshmallows and set aside.
- Make Ganache:
- Heat remaining ¾ cup heavy cream until simmering.
- Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then stir until combined and creamy.
- In a 9″-x-9″ baking dish, spread a thin layer of marshmallow cream. Top with one layer graham crackers, then a thick layer of marshmallow cream, followed by a layer of ganache. Repeat layers until you reach the top (leave about ¼”).
- Garnish with remaining mini marshmallows, crushed graham crackers and chopped chocolate and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, heat broiler. Broil 1 minute to toast marshmallows. Freeze 5 minutes to let set and serve.